Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual air con switches on automatically when I don't want it to.
There is an on off button but this stops any fan working. do I have to turn the whole system off, to ensure the air con is off?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are you sure you have manual a/c and not automatic climate control. I do not know much about these systems, but in my experience the a/c will come on automatically if you activate certain procedures, like windscreen clearance. I find the best solution is to just turn everything off, and start again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi,

The manual aircon will always come on if you switch to re-circulate. It is a nuisance when all you want to do is avoid lungfulls of exhaust fumes. Otherwise I am stuck for any conditions which have brought mine into play without asking.

Geri

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes agree. To be honest I find the manual a/c better than climate control, at least you have total control over the system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
is the direction of the air flow pointed towards the window screen?

In other ford cars i have had have had this issue when pointing to the screen the aircon comes on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,Its like this I think.

As you turn the temperature knob down or up it "clicks" at its furthest point if you click it on hot or cold it turns on the air con.

So you twist it to the max but don't click it that last bit if you don't want it on.

If you put it on screen clear it will also go to air con as it clears the screen.

--------------

All I need now is put the main beam on?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are you serious about the main beam ??? Just in case, you really need to lift the left stalk as far as it will go, the same procedure for main beam and dipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts