Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed 2500 miles in my b.max. zetec 1.ltr 100psi and my m p g has now reached 37.5! so getting better, but still not great. On a good note however, so far its been trouble free and enjoyable to drive. Am now able to submit a couple of photos for the gallery for approval.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jimmy H, thanks for your reply. It looks like by the time i clock up 6000 miles i could get over 40 mpg, heres hoping! As i have posted previously, all my leaves are green and i have been driving with the greatest care regarding gear changes, acceleration and braking so dont see what else i can do. However otherwise very pleased with the b.max.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi friends mine just 700km and already achieving 40mpg and with the aircondition switched on mostly of the time. I was impressed with this mileage consider that the engine is still on running in period. I read that nowadays just 1000 miles are enough for running in. I would like to know what is the difference between manual and automatic per gallon because mine is manual and sometimes I regret the decision because I use to drive a Toyota automatic and it was really nice in traffic,here in Malta we spend a lot of out journey in traffic. I tooked the decision to buy it manual because some of the reviews about Ford automatic were not so good.

Edited by: Tewmi

·
Registered
238 Posts
My consumption (38 to 40 mpg) is probably irrelevant to the motor you have, different size etc., but I believe that you took a good decision in avoiding the twin-clutch auto. Too many posters on here have had problems with it for my taste, and thus I would not have it until it is redesigned and proven to be fixed.

Geri

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi from redfive. My mileage is still hovering between 37.3 and 37.7, but now i am having engine problems! (At only 4520 miles) On five or six occasions since last Saturday the vehicle has faultered, momentarily cut out and lost power. When this occures, a orange spanner icon appears on the dash clock allong with a message on the screen that the engine requires servicing. The vehicle was serviced on the 21st of January at 3474 miles! I phoned the dealer yesterday and again this morning, but am still awaiting their return call. I am very quickly losing confidence with it and will be seeking redress from Ford if satisfaction is not forthcoming. Will be posting any updates on this situation in due course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ours improves all the time.
9,500 miles 1.6 Zetec diesel.
Just jobbing around on the daily commute giving a reading of 46.7mpg.
520 miles on a £47 tankful.
Not missing that big heavy loping Grand Scenic at all!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Having just completed a 2,500 mile jaunt around France in 10 days. Taking my total mileage over the 10k, I am pleased to watch my mpg just keep going up and up. Its now in the 58/59 mpg, considering I didn't hang around on their toll roads either and I'm back to my normal daily mileage of 25 miles per day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.