637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Hello all..

Car : Titanium 1.6
Gearbox : Automatic
Colour : Tectonic Silver
Expected Delivery Date : April
Dealership Location : Northampton

There are a lot of firsts related to my B Max.
Its my first Automatic car I have ever driven
, and
it's the first brand new car I have ever looked after
. While the car will not technically be owned by me, as I was lucky enough to get the car on Motorbility due to medical issues with my legs, for me the car will represent independence and freedom again.

I have been signed off work by doctors due to a serious condition effecting my legs for the past year and a half, I had to sell my manual car which was a Hyundi Getz (
shudders
) due to the fact of difficulty getting into the car (height) and driving it (puttingpressureon the clutch pedal)... on my birthday earlier this month, Ireceivedconfirmation of something called Disability Living Allowance at the higher rate, this enables me to choose a car from a vast range of dealerships over many makes and models. After spending many days looking around, I felt the B-Max had everything
and more that I could ever possibly want.

I have been reading up on the different gadgets in the car, I amparticularlylooking forward to arguing with the 'SYNC' voicerecognitionsystem
, and looking at the Emergency Assistance feature that connects you to a person automatically when you are in a collision...... I only hope I do not set that off backing into a space in Tescos, after hitting a trolly or something... I will probably think I am hearing voices....

I have already looked online for some 'Silver Surfer' window transfers as the car is tectonic silver... and me being a comic book collector..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have taken a copy of the drivers manual (provided by this site in another forum page).. and spent the past 2 hours going over all the systems and menus, cruise control, Sport modes, laughed at the part where it said "if the carreceives a request to unlock the doors from a remote key fob.... but then the doors are not opened within a set time...... your car will have a panic attack, relock all the doors and engage the higher security mode (internal movement and external proximity)..
.'... HA ...funny stuff..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think we all do that while waiting.I am surprised they are giving you a Titanium spec though as Motability normally only qualifies for the base models which are quite poorly equipped,
I only qualified for Motability for a few months and could not drive anyway as i was too ill.
I only get the lowest level now which does not qualify for a car.
But Iam happy that I do get a blue badge

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to make a down payment to get it.The base level B-Max was free as you point out.

The Disability Living Allowance, now you have to have a minimum of 1 year allocation and be at the beginning of that year before they will allow you entry to motorbility scheme. I only found out I could have a car 6 months into the allowance, and they turned me away... on a recent renewal of afurther2 years (..and to be honest with you, within 2 hours of the letter hitting the mat..)... I was at the dealership... waving the letter at anyone who looked like a FORD person...

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts