Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a b max and experiencing loss of power. This seems a common fault but garage cannot trace it. Anyone else had this problem and resolved it please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes this happens to me been in garage twice say its ok it is for a while then back I also get oil in coolant and top of coolant bottle has a cream /custard like top on it anyone know what causes this garage can't sort it car is 16 plate

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pam said:
Yes this happens to me been in garage twice say its ok it is for a while then back I also get oil in coolant and top of coolant bottle has a cream /custard like top on it anyone know what causes this garage can't sort it car is 16 plate
historically, the gunge in the coolant is referred to a mayonnaise, and a strong indicator of head gasket failure.
what engine is it? if its a 16 plate, then hopefully under warrantee?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reply ,it's a 1600 engine had 2 independent garages tell me it's head gasket but ford garage had it in twice said nothing wrong .does anyone know if the oil in coolant could be caused by fault in gear box ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
does the car get used much? or is it just a 'shopping car' ?
and no, it would be very unusual for a gearbox problem to result in oil in the cooling system.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's interesting. Our BMax auto is only used for short shopping trips, and taking rubbish to the tip.
I haven't had (as far as I know) any issues related to that. Usually when the head gasket goes, the gunge is usually in the oil filler cap rather than in the water filler cap (?)

I must take ours for an extended run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts