Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a petrol 100hp ecoboost engine B-max with less than 2000km. Since yesterday I noticed that in certain cases, the car loses some liquid. I tried to smell the liquid, but I couldn't distinguish anything, it certainly is not not oil nor gas. I got no light on my board.

The 2 instances when I noticed this were :

1) I was leaving from my in laws, I had to back up and turn around in their yard.There was liquid where I had to switch from reverse to 1st gear. Before this, the engine was running for 5 minutes with the air conditioner on.

2)Exiting the parking of a supermarket I had to back off and then go to first gear, there was no liquid so I thought it was only a one case scenario. I stopped the car before leaving the parking lot so I can set up the destination on my mobile, as I went a bit forward I noticed a small liquid pool in the rear window:(. I parked again, checked the liquid again, nothing, checked the hood, tried to feel with my hand everything under the car, I don't understand where it's coming from.

In a 3rd instance I had to leave my own parking space, I went forward, then in reverse, just to test if it happens again, then in 1st gear again, went a bit forward, nothing. I waited with the handbrake 2 more minutes, checked again under the car...no liquid.

I'm planning to go this week or next week to have a check up on my car, but I would like to know what to expect. Is this normal?

The air conditioner was on all of the time, I don't know if it matters.

Thanks,
Diez

Edited by: spanudiez

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that certainly took a load off my chest, thanks number6.
Yeah , I always leave my ac on. Now I'm wondering if I should go to have a check up or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's actually quite normal. Apart from cooling the air the A/C dehumidies it and discharges that water. I frequently see condensate under my car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It ould very well and probably is just condentation from your perfectly functioning A/C. It could also be moisture(water) from your exhaust, this wold depend on how and when you drive your car though. In either case, there is absolutely no need for a check up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most likely to be just water which has condensed on the outside of the A/C condensor, perfectly normal when using the A/C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts