Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else found that it's still possible to activate the locks on their B Max when the sliding doors aren't fully closed?

I parked mine outside the house this afternoon and locked it. Later on I went to the car to get something and before unlocking it, noticed that the nearside rear door wasn't fully closed, even though the car was locked. So I unlocked the car, shut the rear door, locked the car with the fob, all doors locked. Then I unlocked the car with the fob, opened the back door fully, pressed "lock" on the fob and hey presto, the two front doors and the other rear door locked even though one rear door was wide open.

My previous car, a Ford Focus, wouldn't lock until all the doors were fully closed, so I find the setup with my B Max very surprising. Anyone know whether this is a technical fault with my car, or a design issue with the model?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

Yes, mine does the same; but I seem to remember from the last time I did it, that if you then shut the offending door properly it will be locked like the others. As I say, I am relying on memory but that is how I think it goes.

Geri

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Its not going to be a huge problem, just means that for peace of mind I'll have to give the back doors an extra shove each time I lock the car.

Also, I assumed that my car had an alarm until I read that it was in fact an option and not a standard feature. Mine is the Zetec, so immobiliser only.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I checked it today on my car, and it behaves in the same way.
I found it a bit odd because system is aware that sliding doors are not closed (it locks other doors but there is not flashing light confirmation until sliding doors are closed as well). Probably a bug in the software or firmware, but not so important to require service recall.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like a step backwards if its designed that way.
As I said above, my 2007 Ford Focus would lock in response to the fob then immediately unlock if any door was open, not just the front doors. So you always knew if the doors needed to be checked and shut properly.
Good to know it ain't just me wondering why this happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts