Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my B Max the car has locking wheel nuts - the locking nuts is rounded and the other nuts are like wheel nuts.
How do i remove the locking wheel nut?
Is the rounded bit just a cover, if so how do i remove?
Sorry if this is a silly question but the locking nut is nothing like the ones fitted to my old and dearly missed focus zetec.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Simon1966,
You should have one key and 16 nuts (4x4). The 'key' (pictured below under the 4 wheel nuts) should fit over any of the wheel nuts on the BMAX, if you notice on the 'key', there are teeth on the inner circle of the housing. These teeth should fall into the outer grooves of the wheel nut. Then all you need is a some elbow grease

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">However, if for any reason you have lost your 'key', I am sure Ford would happily sell you another one, or look on EBAY.... or even buy Halfords Laser Locking Wheel Nut Remover, for under £20 to get the wheel nuts off without the use of the corresponding 'key'

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Simon1966When my B Max was delivered the Locking Wheel nut tool was in the glove box along with the fuel funnel, be aware if you use the "Halford's Solution" that your wheel locking nut could be ruined!, as their tool is more of an emergency use only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Davis_Zadian
you were correct and thank you for the information.
My old set of locking nuts on my focus had a cover you had to remove
first before fitting the key.
The B Max system is much better.

thanks Gracow - i wondered what that plastic tube was for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts