Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my parents have the sliding door version, and will be collecting me from the airport with our dog airline crate""¦ would it fit?
I need an entrance of 80cm (31.5") high and 65cm (25.6") wide, and then those dimensions for a full 120cm (47.2"), I imagine with the rear seats flattened. All dimensions already include a 2" margin.
Judging from the detailed dimensions uploaded here, I think it might just work or not. Height seems critical, so the crate might have to go on its side ""¦ anyone feel like measuring a bit?
thanks
Peter

·
Registered
69 Posts
It will be tight for the height. I've measured a maximum vertical openingheight of 31" overyour 25.6" width (the opening is wider butthetop curves down at the sidesif you go wider).
The length is a bit tight too. I've measured 45" from my seat back to the top of the rear opening but I can stretch it to 47" if I have the seat more upright and closer to the steering wheel. I am 5'9" and it would be ok for me for a short journey.

To get the rear seat backs folded as close to flat as possible take the rear head rests off. Use the rear floor tray at it's upper setting to make the floor level.

If, as you say. you have built in a 2" margin it should be ok. No room for rear passengers obviously.

Good luck!

Edited by: dagdave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for measuring and extra tips, sounds like it could work. For length, driving with the hatchback lid slightly ajar might be more comfortable for the driver.
I'll be travelling with 2 heavy suitcases and handluggage... but I can fit most of the luggage in the crate.
If we go ahead, I will try and remember to take pictures to post them! This will be in August.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the crate has rounded edges I'm confident it will be fine.
August? That's some impressive forward planning

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all comes naturally once you look into entering Europe with a dog from one of the 'Non-qualifying high-risk countries'.

·
Registered
155 Posts
peterm said:
thanks for measuring and extra tips, sounds like it could work. For length, driving with the hatchback lid slightly ajar might be more comfortable for the driver.
I'll be travelling with 2 heavy suitcases and handluggage... but I can fit most of the luggage in the crate.
If we go ahead, I will try and remember to take pictures to post them! This will be in August.

Not a good idea to drive with tailgate open (even slightly), exhaust fumes will be sucked into car, not nice!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts