Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if the B-max has a "Limp Home Mode"? Twice now my B-max (petrol, Auto Titanium) has suddenly lost most of its power, slowed down to 15/20 mph, acceleration is zero. There is no warning (perhaps it thinks it is now a diesel VW that has had the software update!!!) it just dies. In one case I could not get the car to reverse at all. Although the selector showed I had selected reverse the gearbox would not engage at all. In both cases I stopped and turned off the ignition. I restarted the engine and everything worked correctly including reverse. If it has not got a "Limp Home Mode" does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
You need to get it to a dealer or other garage with the required diagnostic equipment and get them to look for stored fault codes. Its possible that there is a software update available that would help this. Either way you need to sort this before it gets worse.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife's B-max went in to LHM , lucky she was near the garage we bought it from and they looked at it for free and cleaned the EGR valve by spraying EGR cleaner in the air intake pipe after the filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took car to dealer who found no fault codes on any of the computers on the car (some 10 or 12 in total). However the TCM has an update which they are going to do next week to see if that helps. I shall mention the EGR and see if they can clean it at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts