Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God morning.I am a newbie to this site but the owner of a 2017 B -Max Titanium Auto. As most of my driving is done in the daytime I don't think of lights that much until Ineeded to use them the other day. I have no idea where to start, I don't understand the manual. I just hope someone on here can explain the principal I just cant see it.
Best Regards Bernard.

·
Registered
273 Posts
bernieb said:
God morning.I am a newbie to this site but the owner of a 2017 B -Max Titanium Auto. As most of my driving is done in the daytime I don't think of lights that much until Ineeded to use them the other day. I have no idea where to start, I don't understand the manual. I just hope someone on here can explain the principal I just cant see it.
Best Regards Bernard.
I am guessing that you are referring to head lights. On my 2014, the headlight control is to the right of the steering wheel, on the lower fascia. Turning it fully clockwise will set to auto, so headlights will come on when dark or very cloudy. That's good enough for most use. Occasionally, I will turn back a notch or two, to manual lights on/off, to avoid dazzling other vehicles if stopped, especially if facing oncoming traffic.
The fog lights, if fitted are horrendous. It is unsafe to try to activate them while driving as you need to focus right and down, behind the edge of the steering wheel.

Edited by: number6

·
Registered
712 Posts
Me too.
Re the fog lights, I've found I can "feel" my way to them by tracing my finger anticlockwise around the circular light switch until I touch the push button for the front fog, or down a bit to the rear fog light, rather than trying to find them around the steering wheel !!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yep I find the fog lights difficult to find when im driving too. Very bad design.

Maybe if i used them more often, i would get used to them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I must admit that I've rarely used the fog lights on any car I've owned. I don't find the front fog lights to be of much use in fog, in fact the exact opposite. With visibility not often down to a point when I need the rear lights on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 63 model and if I press the headlight dial on the left side (where the lightbulb icon is) it clicks down but I can't figure out what it does. Any ideas? Press the right hand side and it clicks back into normal position, can't see anything in the manual.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Cookie1 said:
I have 63 model and if I press the headlight dial on the left side (where the lightbulb icon is) it clicks down but I can't figure out what it does. Any ideas? Press the right hand side and it clicks back into normal position, can't see anything in the manual.
I think you are referring to the headlamp adjuster you use if you are carrying a heavy load or towing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.