Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to open such a mundane thread.
What is the best way to maintain and protect the steering wheel? The wheel is often in full sun and subjected to the wear and tear of hand moisture. I don't want to wreck the steering wheel or make is slippery with leather polish.
Your expertise is most welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
AutoGlym is a good mild leather cleaner for the car, works on the seats and the steering wheel. like you have said, limit the use of any leather conditioners as this will make the wheel slippery. A leather polish brush (with NO polish on it) that you would normally use for shoes, works great to get into all the small areas of the steering wheel and remove any small debris

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would and have used a reflective sun barrier from Halfords. They will keep the dash area of your car cooler and stop UV. They only last a year before the backing foam breaks down and creates a mess. Maybe this year now the sun has finally come out I will try to find an alternative, perhaps a card one that I have seen in the past. (Anybody know of a source?)

As for something to treat the wheel with, I can't think of anything which would not make it slippery other than a wheel glove. However. I am not a user as I like the positive feel of the wheel. I just wipe mine with a damp cloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts