Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks like it could either be coolant or power steering fluid. Either way get it looked at asap.

·
Registered
266 Posts
won't be power steering fluid, the bmax power steering is electric.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out, we can all learn something.
I went by the colour of the drip in the photo.As i've only seen that colour in power steering fluid i assumed it could be that.
It would help if the op said what the item in the picture is.

·
Registered
459 Posts
atf automatic transmission fluid is often that colour too. (but again won't be that in this case since its a manual transmission)
yes it would help if the photos had a bit more 'context' one shows a drip both at the top and bottom of the photo, but difficult to work out which way is up

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi..mine is the same..i looked into it and found that it may be a seal near the pump.this involves dismantling half the engine to fix..ie top and chain covers off..this looks expensive..as a side note the pump has a hole that sometimes leaks..mine was replaced but i still have a leak nearby..will have to save up methinks:sad:

·
Registered
459 Posts
hi..mine is the same..i looked into it and found that it may be a seal near the pump.this involves dismantling half the engine to fix..ie top and chain covers off..this looks expensive..as a side note the pump has a hole that sometimes leaks..mine was replaced but i still have a leak nearby..will have to save up methinks:sad:
the hole in the pump is there to indicate coolant passing the barings - ie water pump about to give up.
the op problem could also be the thermostat housing
I suggest they take it to a local garage, suggest where they get their mot's done. and get the drive belt changed at the same time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts