Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken delivery of a new Bmax Titanium 1.0 (125ps) & have a number of niggles that I will take up with the dealer, however there are two items I would like to find out a bit more about before I do.The car has the keyless entry/start system & when I looked in the 2015 manual it appeared to indicate that the car would unlock automatically if the passive key was in the required zone. This does not happen with my car & needs the door handle button to be pressed to unlock/lock the door unless you use the remote control fob. The dealer has told me that this is a change to earlier models which did unlock the door without having to work the door button (like my daughter's 2010 Focus).
Secondly according to the manual there should be a plastic fuel filling funnel fitted in the glove box but the cupboard is bare so to speak - has any body got one of these things & is it worth asking the dealer about it. The car is already booked in to respray a part of the front bumper scratched by them fitting Xvision front parking sensors

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the plastic funnel you speak about. It is necessary if you want to use a can to pour petrol in. Get one from the dealer, they are a free issue when the car is delivered.

As for the unlocking, I have to press the square button to open any door, or press the boot handle to open the boot.The boot can be opened without pressing the door button and when it is shut the car winks and locks the boot even while you are in the vicinity.

I fail to understand why anyone would want the doors to unlock while they chat to someone in the vicinity of the key range. anyone could jump in the car and attempt to drive it away? They would soon stop but by then may have damaged the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation makem - still getting used to my new toy. I am sure the dealer will sort out my niggles & the odd noise & rattle will disappear when the car settles down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts