Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else got keyless entry and had trouble with the car telling you the 'Key battery is low' ?
The last key only lasted 6 months !! (Mind it wasn't a Ford battery but then again it wasn't Ford prices either.)

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My b max is nearly a year old and batteries still fine. I think the battery replacement process is in the manual.

When needed, I will check the battery number and buy a replacement from wherever unless i have one in the garage (I do have a few various sizes).

I believe that the key will hold the codes provided that the battery is changed within a minute or two of removing the old one.

Ford will charge an arm and a leg I imagine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
He-he! :)) I'm afraid that's their target!?.. ;)

The battery should be CR 2032 or 2025. Mine are working as well, but I have them since March.

I'm not interested in the process of changing the battery to the remote control unit within a minute or two.., but in keeping one unpowered at all for months.

I'll ask Ford on this subject as well as what happens if I remove the 70Ah accumulator and take it inside the house during -20 degrees that I presume will be here for a few days in January. I'll report back, of course! :>Edited by: vdragoslav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts