Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks. I’ve just bought a 62 plate 998cc Ecoboost Titanium, and it’s fab. It has full Ford service history, 20k on the clock, and is in excellent condition. Having read one of the posts in here I happily learned that I don’t need to replace the offside reverse light bulb, as there isn’t one, so y’all have helped already! However, two things if I may: 1) should I continue with the Ford service - what are your thoughts? How much is it? Is it worth it? And I’ve heard you get free 12 months breakdown cover - is that true? I’m planning to keep the car for several years so don’t need it for resale, 2) with both key fobs I got, there are two smaller keys, and I have no idea what they’re for? Any ideas? Any info/help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome to you.

My car is coming up 5 yrs old next February. Up to now i've had it serviced and MOT'd at my local dealership where i bought it. I think it's a matter of personal preference whether you use a Ford dealer or an independant for servicing. Obviously you'll pay more for a dealer service, but yes, you'll get 12 months breakdown cover included, so factor that in when comparing price.
Don't know what your keys are !

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hi Mrdaved. Firstly, Hywel is correct on the Ford service and free breakdown cover. Regarding the 2 smaller keys, I am guessing could be for locking wheelnuts (though mine came with a socket rather than a key) or non battery ignition keys (though I have never seen one.

If youcan't work it out, you may need to ask who ever sold you the car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Howdy folks. I’ve just bought a 62 plate 998cc Ecoboost Titanium, and it’s fab. It has full Ford service history, 20k on the clock, and is in excellent condition. Having read one of the posts in here I happily learned that I don’t need to replace the offside reverse light bulb, as there isn’t one, so y’all have helped already! However, two things if I may: 1) should I continue with the Ford service - what are your thoughts? How much is it? Is it worth it? And I’ve heard you get free 12 months breakdown cover - is that true? I’m planning to keep the car for several years so don’t need it for resale, 2) with both key fobs I got, there are two smaller keys, and I have no idea what they’re for? Any ideas? Any info/help appreciated. Thanks.
Do you mean the cut down keys for manual door opening, if battery fails?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.