Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a key less entry B-Max, and keep reading that they are easy to break into and steal, has anyone on here fitted any addtional security, my daughter has had a product called Ghost fitted to her keyless Focus. Strange old world I have a year old car and I might have to fit a Krook Lok I used to use on a Metro 30 years ago to keep it safe.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I feel reasonably secure with keyless entry and a thatcham alarm. Anyone who has the equipment to overide the keyless entry would probably be a lot more interested in stealing much higher value vehicles.

Criminals find ways to bypass every security system in time as garages must be able to do so and have the equipment which eventually passes into criminal hands.

There are methods where they can block or intercept your key signal so when you think you have locked the car, you haven't.

Personally, I dont let these things worry me these days, unlike the days when they could steal a car with a wire coathanger and a piece of flex to hardwire the ignition.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
On the subject of Krooklocks, A thief can remove one of these in about 3 seconds. I lost the key for one many years ago and someone showed me how to do it, just like the RAC showed me how to break into my nearly new mondeo after my kids had locked the keys inside. Ford had just launched it saying it had the best ever security for any mass produced car.Edited by: cianpars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts