Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, a message recently appeared on the car display, stating " KEY FOB BATTERY LOW" . The battery was tested for voltage and load current, and tested O.K., but to be safe a new battery was fitted, but the message on start up remains, anybody got ideas?, thanks.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just had the same warning. Changed yhe battery in the key fob and the warning went away. Easy to change, the fob splits in half if you use a knife. I happened to have a spare as my bathroom scales use the same battery.

Only a few pennies on line if you don't have one, though I wonder how much a dealership or Timpsons might charge.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Strange that a short while after changing both key batteries and directly after my 3 year service, the battery low warning returns.

Not quite sure if I can do some kind of reset.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, I wondered that Gremlin, though they were well within their sellby date and also checked out ok with a multimeter.

Quite odd that the new batteries were fine and yhe warning came up when I picked yhe car up following its service.

I'm guessing there may be a reset procedure, though I can't seem to find one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had this at the end of last year, batteries were fresh and tested ok. But after a couple of weeks kept getting the warning.
Cleaned and eased up the spring terminals and no problem since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.