Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost went and purchased a pre-registered Kuga ST Line diesel today, but the BMAX just kept my interest more. Weirdly for me, it's the first car I've had for more than a year, I've had it for 3 years now, and not wanted to swap for something else.
So the reason for my post, I've had it remapped to 120 bhp and I'm looking to do more bits to it. I was wandering if anyone had done any of the things I'm looking at doing and could give me some advice.
First on the list is a stainless dual exhaust, a pipe at each side, similar to the smax or kuga I suppose. Not for sound as we still intend to travel long distances, it's just for astetical reasons.
Second is all rear windows getting tinted, given my bmax is black is there a colour or make of window tint I should be looking at.
Thirdly is a set of 17" wheels, probably off a fiesta st, as I am aware that aftermarket alloys don't have the integrity of standards and I rather like some of the St alloys.
Fourth is using poly bushes all round, but I don't want to affect the ride quality. In particular to the ride I don't want a firmer ride.

I may look for a spoiler for the rear window and was wondering if a focus boot spoiler would fit? I would love to fit Alcantara seats in it but I don't know of any way to get them in.
If there are any other modifications that people have done, I would be really interested to hear about them, with possible fotos.
Thanks for reading my post and I hope for some of your responses.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

Have said this before, I am keeping the B-Max because the is very little on the market which gives what it does, and certainly nothing in the Ford Range. Dropping it looks like a fashion statement by Ford HQ 'Crossovers are it'; rather than seeing the number of competitors in the niche was dropping and having the cahunes to go against the tide and make this market their own.

As I see it, you have conflicting desires with 17" wheels and no firmer a ride. The general advice for any car is that the larger the rims, the less compliant the ride. The larger the section of the tyres the more softness there is available,

Geri

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for being the first of many I that reply Geri. And I know what you mean with the sidewall to wheel ratio giving a firmer ride. I was looking at going down the lowering kit route, again solely for the looks not performance round corners..... But I really don't want to mess with the ride quality. One thing that test driving the kuga did for me though, was it made me realise that the slightly longer (Focus) wheelbase and slightly wider too I believe, than the fiesta wheelbase we currently sit on. Was the difference on the roads around where I live and drive on.
Thanks for the thought and now I don't even know if I want 17" rims on it.

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
As I see it, you have conflicting desires with 17" wheels and no firmer a ride. The general advice for any car is that the larger the rims, the less compliant the ride. The larger the section of the tyres the more softness there is available,
same applies to poly bushes

note also, if recovering the seats, there is an airbag in the outer sides of each front seat, which shouldn't be covered without a rip zone. similarly the seat belts will cause problems, since its part of the seat. - and you can't just swap the seats with 'off the shelf' upgrades because of said seat belt (and inherent structural seat)

ford do offer a lowering pack for the bmax, they also offer a bespoke rear spoiler (sticks on with double sided tape!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers gremlin. Didn't even think of the seat belt issue.
Although there have been developments. I am getting the Kuga. And the wife is having my bmax, so I shall still be on here although I aren't going ahead with the 'upgrades'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.