Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been looking at this forum for a while now but thought I would wait until I received my B Max before joining, which I picked up on Thursday.

Well my initial thoughts of the car are bitter sweet at the moment.

I have the 1.25 Ecoboost Titanium in panther black with Sat Nav, City Pack and rear spoiler and I must admit only having it a few days and.....I love it, however.........

When I ordered it 8 or 9 weeks ago (it had to be built for the spec) I thought it would have the push button start which it said it had in the brochure I picked up in the showroom at the time of ordering, hence when I picked it up it didn't have it, also the wheels were a different spec, which I'm not too bothered about, but really looked forward to the push button start as I had a Megane which had this and it's not a gimmick, it really is a good feature to have.

I rang the garage when I checked the brochure again when I got home and they said the brochure was updated in February and I ordered the car in April so I'm a bit peeved that a) nobody told me of this, and b) they shouldn't have had the old brochure in the showroom.

Ive told the manager I'm disappointed with this and he says he'll come back to me, however in reality there's nothing he can really do I suppose.

There's other things on the car I can't get my head round, the radio and the SAT Nav, just had a quick look at them and look very complicated so no doubt I'll be back on very soon asking for your advice as I'm not too technical with these things.

Like I say, the car is lovely but that issue of the start stop has took the edge off things.

Regards
Phil

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome Phil. I have an idea that someone else in this forum had a similar issue regards stop start, and they received compensation. I am not absolutely sure, but I expect some of the more knowledgeable members will soon come forward with information. Obviously the dealer was displaying old brochures, and it is quite likely that at the time you ordered the car they had not been replaced by the revised issue.
As regards the Sat Nav, have you ever had a Tom Tom ? If so you will soon be able to navigate around the one in your car. Sit down quietly in the car and start by tapping the screen and then experiment. If you cannot get results, find a neighbour aged 12 to 15; they will soon fathom it out for you.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you bought a car from a supplier and they did not hand you the latest brochure, or ask if you have the latest brochure than the fault lies with them and not Ford.

Often you are making the second biggest current purchase and rely on the provider who seems to have failed.

I think you have a case in which you can lean on then for compensation in some form.

I would be talking about not accepting the car when asked to collect. That would make them sit up!

I agree that the button is a great boon noticeable especially when you drive a vehicle without one.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
Welcome Phil. I have an idea that someone else in this forum had a similar issue regards stop start, and they received compensation. I am not absolutely sure, but I expect some of the more knowledgeable members will soon come forward with information. Obviously the dealer was displaying old brochures, and it is quite likely that at the time you ordered the car they had not been replaced by the revised issue.
As regards the Sat Nav, have you ever had a Tom Tom ? If so you will soon be able to navigate around the one in your car. Sit down quietly in the car and start by tapping the screen and then experiment. If you cannot get results, find a neighbour aged 12 to 15; they will soon fathom it out for you.

I think he means the start button has been stopped rather than the start stop function of the engine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry Makem don't quite understand your comment, can you elaborate please. I am of course referring to the start / stop button if that is what you are saying.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think that Phil may be too late to reject the car now, being as it is something that would have immediately come to light.
He could of course say that he waited to get home in order to have a look at his brochure. The Dealer may well dispute his claim and suggest he had obtained that brochure some time previously.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:

We have generally (until today) been referring to the technology with stops the engine and restarts it during periods when the car is not moving as 'stop start technology.

The way I read your post gave me the impression you had misinterpreted the op who was writing about the button which manually stops and starts the engine. It appeared you were mentioning compensation for not having that capability.

Sorry if I got it wrong. I hope that explains things.

Just goes to show how quickly people can get confused and start all sort or arguments and cause bad feeling if not properly given a chance to explain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your feedback everyone, I'll see what the manager has to say when he rings me, although he's let me down the last few days regarding a returned phone call!

My mate called tonight and he loves the car also, although he said he would have been more upset at not getting the wheels as described rather the push button start.

Anyway I'll see how things go if the manager ever gets back to me, I agree with John though as they could say I could have got the brochure anywhere so I sense that I'm flogging a dead horse

Regards
Phil

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
I think that Phil may be too late to reject the car now, being as it is something that would have immediately come to light.
He could of course say that he waited to get home in order to have a look at his brochure. The Dealer may well dispute his claim and suggest he had obtained that brochure some time previously.

Yes, of course it may be to late now but he could have done on collection. I refused to accept mine because the engine was dirty and not in showroom condition. That is what I was trying to mention.

I ordered a Ford Estate car and when it arrived in the showroom they called me to collect. When I arrived I found the car which was pre-registered for me was not an estate but a saloon. The salesman had priced the estate as a saloon! (explains why they were cheapest in the area) I was asked if I would accept the car and maybe you can guess what my reply was? I got a very cheap estate car needed for scuba diving equipment (about 8 years ago). I always believe the customer is in the driving seat so to speak. Customer from hell I am lol.

Whether it is to late or not now depends on the arrangement made on collection.

He and the salesman worked from a brochure in the dealership at the time of making the contract. If the salesman didn't know the brochure was out of date the fault lies with the dealership admin system. If the dealership admin didn't know about the problem, then the fault lies with Ford.

That is the way I see it so at no time is the purchaser at fault and he has a case against the dealer who may have a case against Ford. In my opinion it would have been possible to have refused the vehicle, walked away and bought an alternative, plus compensation. Maybe he can still do that depending on the arrangement, but I doubt it.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Phil P said:
Thanks for your feedback everyone, I'll see what the manager has to say when he rings me, although he's let me down the last few days regarding a returned phone call!

My mate called tonight and he loves the car also, although he said he would have been more upset at not getting the wheels as described rather the push button start.

Anyway I'll see how things go if the manager ever gets back to me, I agree with John though as they could say I could have got the brochure anywhere so I sense that I'm flogging a dead horse

Regards
Phil

Only if you let them get away with it!

You need to start a log of interaction between you and the dealership, names, dates, conversations etc. and consider a small claims court action.

The manager is probably hoping he will not hear from you again if he ignores you. He has nothing to lose by trying that tactic. You need to be letting him know that you are recording the actions of the dealership with a view to court action. Jeez this was a big purchase and their funds are much greater than yours.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving everything a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Makem, food for thought.

I hope he'll play fair and shoulder at least some responsability.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Phil P said:
Cheers Makem, food for thought.

I hope he'll play fair and shoulder at least some responsability.

SOME! lol

Why not all?

Were you expected to know Ford had changed the spec? How were you expected to know? From the salesman of course!

There you go, they have ALL the responsibility!

Sorry but in my old age I don't let anyone get away with taking my hard earned cash, no matter how small. My hobby horse.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes guys, I was most certainly talking about the stop / start BUTTON and not the economy technology.I was in error by referring to Stop / Start, my apologies.

I think Phil still has a good case; as it is quite clear he would not have ordered this car without the stop / start technology. HIs case could be proved if he could locate all recentB Max customers of that dealership and see if they still possessed a brochure, and ascertain if it was an up to date issue.

When I bought my B Max last September my dealer did not have any brochures in stock, and I had to download from the Ford site. Although this is the responsibility of the dealer, I am sure Ford will have details of when the new brochures were supplied to this outlet, and they could make compromises accordingly. But the most likely situation is that when the new brochures arrived, probably displaying the same front cover picture, they were put out on the stand in front of the copies already on display; thus causing the out of date stock to come to the front some time later. Hence Phil's unfortunate predicament.

I think Phil has a sound case to get free services for at least two years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts