Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, just come across this forum and as i have just picked up my first B-max today I thought I might be now entitled to join.

Cheers John

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome John, tell us your spec please.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, welcome to the forum and share your experiences.

Which model and colour do you have? Any extras?

·
Registered
132 Posts
And a big welcome from me, hope you have a trouble free experience. Will look forward to further details of your B Max.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

The model is a 2015 (65) 1.5 TDCI Titanium in Metallic Mushroom, sorry I meant Tectonic Silver to give it its official Ford title.

I was about to purchase a 2013 1.5 TDCI Zetec but this one had just come into the dealers as a ex Motability car which had been returned early with just under 7k miles on the clock. A bit of haggling later and it was ours, looking forward to getting a proper go in it when I can extract my good lady out of the driving seat.

Cheers John

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How is she getting on with it? Did you get a manual or the deaded autogearbox? If it is ex motobility, I am guessing that it might be the auto.

Have a read through the forum as you need to nip any clutch issues in the bud whilst still under warranty.

Other than the auto box, the only other problem was a pipe on the ecoboost turbo on earlier models, but this has long been resolved.

Ive had my B Max for 4 weeks now, averaging 42 mpg and really loving the car. Other than the above, you rarely seem to hear any gripes from other B Max owners othe than perhaps that the published mpg figures are more than just a little optimistic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cianpars said:
How is she getting on with it? Did you get a manual or the deaded autogearbox? If it is ex motobility, I am guessing that it might be the auto.

Have a read through the forum as you need to nip any clutch issues in the bud whilst still under warranty.

Other than the auto box, the only other problem was a pipe on the ecoboost turbo on earlier models, but this has long been resolved.

Ive had my B Max for 4 weeks now, averaging 42 mpg and really loving the car. Other than the above, you rarely seem to hear any gripes from other B Max owners other than perhaps that the published mpg figures are more than just a little optimistic.
Oops forgot to mention the transmission, its a manual, I had read reviews on the auto and to be honest we both prefer manual.
So far it is ticking all the boxes with her, she is sort of familiar with it as my car is a 15 plate Fiesta 1.5 Titanium and she is used to driving that, although with the Fiesta I avoided getting one with the
parking sensors and stop start, so that has thrown her a bit!!

Cheers John

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I like the parking sensors and got used to the stop start quite quickly. It is quite intuitive and doesnt operate until the engine is warm.

I find the B Max is very much like the Fiesta to drive and operate save for the little bit of extra body roll on twisty roads.

I find the B Max quiet and comfortable but you have to use the gears to access that 123 bhp on the 1 litre.

Nice and easy to park and nip through small gaps, just like the Fiesta with a lot of extra room but a similar footprint.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I leave the stop start on most of the time but turn it off in traffic sometimes whe i am stopping, starting, moving a few yards, then stopping and starting over again in quick succession.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
We seem to have a lot in common John, use of autowipers, use of stop/start and a dirty rear end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts