Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Currently awaiting delivery of a new 1.0 (125ps) Titanium Bmax in deep impact blue so decided to join up. I am downsizing from a 2.0 TDCI ghia cmax which has been an excellent car but is starting to feel its age. My main concern is that I will miss the excellent pulling power of the cmax (especially fully loaded) although the bmax seemed quite responsive during my test drive.....time will tell. Have ordered my bmax with a detachable towbar which I am told is not a factory fit and needs to be supplied and fitted by another supplier. I specified this because I quite often tow a loaded motorbike trailer. Has anyone had any experience of towing with a bmax?
Cheers Jeffh

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Jeff, there is agood thread in the
Main Message Centre titled "Tow Bars" that I'm sure you will find useful.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the power and performance of your B Max but the economy may not be that great especially if you use that performance.

I love mine even though it's only the 100PS engine

Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Jeffh

Just picked up my new B-Max 1ltr 125bhp Zetec yesterday and I can tell you that you have ordered your B-Max with the right engine
cant believe how it pulls in all the gears, and it's only athree cylinder petrol unit,How do Ford do it ! You wont be disappointed I love mine.

Will

·
Registered
96 Posts
Likewise, I love my 125 Zetec, the engine is remarkable, it pulls like a train from low revs and has bags of power. MPG is not great but hey, you have to get all the power from somewhere, and somewhere is from petrol!

Welcome here.

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
Disagree with that one !!!! The modern diesel engine not only produces superb fuel economy, but also excellent engine performance. You may have to use the gears differently from a petrol, but I maintain the 1.6 diesel B Max will out run the 125 petrol in most situations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi John

Have you road tested the 1ltr 125bhp B-Max?if not I would recommend you do. My last three or four cars have all been modern diesels from1800cc down to a 1400cc and they were all good, buthow Ford can get that tiny petrol engine togive the torque and power it does, I don't know.It amazes me!I know and don't expect to get the high mpgfigures that you can achieve in a diesel, but this small petrol unit is so refined and quietyou wouldn't believe.

Will

·
Registered
418 Posts
A friend owns a new Fiesta with the same engine ( 125 ), lighter than the B Max but testing both cars on an air strip my B Max from start to 70 m.p.h. opened up a gap of 50 meters. I do not doubt that the 125 engine is a nice unit and very quiet, and will probably have much lower maintenance costs than the diesel, but my 67 m.p.g. against the Fiesta's 37 m.p.g. is enough to convince me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
A friend owns a new Fiesta with the same engine ( 125 ), lighter than the B Max but testing both cars on an air strip my B Max from start to 70 m.p.h. opened up a gap of 50 meters. I do not doubt that the 125 engine is a nice unit and very quiet, and will probably have much lower maintenance costs than the diesel, but my 67 m.p.g. against the Fiesta's 37 m.p.g. is enough to convince me.

Well John Variety is the spice of life
I think you should have an open mind to these things

Life is to short, but I admire someone who sticks to his guns.

Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally received my car today, very pleased with this car "except" that the car I have been supplied (titanium model) does not have the push button ignition system and has 11 spoke alloys (as offered as upgrades on the zetec) not 16 spoke alloys as currently detailed in the current brochure. Anyone know if this configuration means the car supplied is an older model? I am going down to the garage tomorrow to question this.
On a positive note I prefer the key fob system also the wheels look really good and will be easier to clean.The only real problem I have is that if this is an earlier spec model the resale value will be less
and I assume as an earlier model the price should have been less.
Cheers jeffh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stick your reg in to ford etis ( google ford etis) and it will give you build date spec of car etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In case anybody is interested, found out that it is the brochure that is out of date and the car I received is actually the latest spec. It seems that the brochure was printed in July 2013 since when the Titanium wheels have been changed from 16 spoke to 11 spoke (due to customer complaints regards cleaning) and the push button / keyless start changed to the key / fob type ignition (Due to problems with the keyless systems). These changes were confirmed in Fords latest dealer update information
Cheers Jeffh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts