Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 65 plate 1.6 B-Max Auto earlier this year. It had only done just over 1200miles when we bought it - over 4000 now. We've been experiencing juddering with a loss of power and no warning lights except for the fact that miles per gallon reading goes to ---.--- If we turn the ignition off and then re-start, everything works as normal. We don't think that it can be a drive-train/gearbox/clutch problem but we aren't getting any warning lights to show an engine or any other fault.We've taken it back to get fixed and they've found: "2 x HT leads wet at point of coil pack - dried off and resealed." Fault is still happening - any ideas guys?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi
This is an on going problem with this auto box, and Ford know about it.
See earlier posts on this problem (including mine !!)
If your car is in warranty take it in, and Ford should replace the clutch with an updated model which will fix the problem.
If it is out of warranty I would still ask them about the problem as there is an extension on the warranty because of this.

Mine is now fine, so good luck !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck, to all who think their automatic B-Max is fine, I wonder how long it will be before they change their minds! My wife's 2013 car seemed good to us when we got it, but has now developed this Ford SHUDDERING Disease. I suppose that was my fault for buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)! Ford obviously have never read the Sale of Goods Act - GOODS SHOULD BE FIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THEY WERE DESIGNED! FORD have you never heard the saying " The Customer's Always Right" They should remember it's hundreds of little people that have made them Big! The B Max Owners Club should arrange a tour from Blackpool to Dagenham as a protest, but this may have an adverse affect, as only 2 or 3 cars might arrive at the Ford plant, making them look reliable! Or maybe not if it appeared on world news -BROKEN DOWN FORD B MAX CARS BRING TRAFFIC TO STAND-STILL NEAR BLACKPOOL! What do you think folks? Let's talk with our feet and say BYE MAX!

·
Registered
264 Posts
PL13ACU said:
Good luck, to all who think their automatic B-Max is fine, I wonder how long it will be before they change their minds! My wife's 2013 car seemed good to us when we got it, but has now developed this Ford SHUDDERING Disease. I suppose that was my fault for buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)! Ford obviously have never read the Sale of Goods Act - GOODS SHOULD BE FIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THEY WERE DESIGNED! FORD have you never heard the saying " The Customer's Always Right" They should remember it's hundreds of little people that have made them Big! The B Max Owners Club should arrange a tour from Blackpool to Dagenham as a protest, but this may have an adverse affect, as only 2 or 3 cars might arrive at the Ford plant, making them look reliable! Or maybe not if it appeared on world news -BROKEN DOWN FORD B MAX CARS BRING TRAFFIC TO STAND-STILL NEAR BLACKPOOL! What do you think folks? Let's talk with our feet and say BYE MAX!

I, too, have had numerous fixes, including two replacement (but still 1st generation) Clutch Packs. Late last year (around November) a new, 2nd generation, design of clutch pack was released on to the market, which has worked perfectly, for me, for longer than all of the other fixes put together. It seems that the Class Actions in the USA and Australia have forced Ford's hand, to find a permanent fix rather than 'papering over the cracks'.
I don't share your pessimism and wonder if you have had the Nov 17 onwards clutch pack fitted. If not, demand it ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts