Ford B-Max Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi olosteve ...search my name and you will see a fair bit of history re clutches.Im on my second replacement clutch.I believe the warrenty on clutches is extended.I recommend check with ford dealer .They have to get ok from ford before doing anything.It seems a slow process but you dont want to pay.Im told that hopefully the latest clutches are now ok.best of luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
norman said:
Hi olosteve ...search my name and you will see a fair bit of history re clutches.Im on my second replacement clutch.I believe the warrenty on clutches is extended.I recommend check with ford dealer .They have to get ok from ford before doing anything.It seems a slow process but you dont want to pay.Im told that hopefully the latest clutches are now ok.best of luck.
Thanks, Norman, I will be contacting the dealer I bought the car from to see what i can do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Olosteve,

Norman is correct, we are on our third clutch, but this last one is of the new design, so far so good all the Judder problems have gone and the car is now as good as a new one.......all the work was covered under warranty, but it does take some time, there is back orders on clutch packs. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking like I've had a result..Bussys in Norwich say the car has an extended warranty so will update the software first then change clutches if needed.
Got to say very impressed with this B-Max site.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have just had software update for the Auto gearbox and have to say it seems to have made quite a difference to the way the car drives. Much smoother on take up and stopped hunting between 1st and 2nd. Also have found out that Fords have extended the warrantee on the gear box to 5 years, Result, and well done to Ford for fronting up the know fault.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all Judder worse again , Booked a technician test drive , drove car for an hour before arriving at garage so engine/gearbox was warm when tested , technician drove round car park then said needs a new clutch - result :) , Booked in for new clutch on 5th April , Fingers crossed it will be fixed. will update again after int been in ,
Note: have to keep taking it back in to get some thing done ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Richard188 said:
Hi all Judder worse again , Booked a technician test drive , drove car for an hour before arriving at garage so engine/gearbox was warm when tested , technician drove round car park then said needs a new clutch - result :) , Booked in for new clutch on 5th April , Fingers crossed it will be fixed. will update again after int been in ,
Note: have to keep taking it back in to get some thing done ...
Interested to know, what's your carsmileage?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The first replacement was at 11000 miles , second one at 18000,now at 20000.The mechanic told me that at his garage no one has had trouble with the current clutch and seems quite confident that they have got it right this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Have had major issues with judder between first and second gear and vehicle been in 3 times since I bought 28 Dec 15. Based on what I've read here it's a known problem and having just got vehicle back still not sorted. Dealer told me warranty now extended to 7 years! Does anyone know what the actual source of the problem is and how long Ford have known about this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi search on this forum you will find lot of clutch judder ....well explained on youtube...ive had 2 replacements and it seems the latest are ok.I suggest keep on to the agent to get latest clutch.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.