Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows jams, on way down, after about an inch or so. Has anybody else had this problem?All the other windows work OK, and temp, was well above freezing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have heard of this problem. May need to go back to the dealer if still under warranty. If not, I might try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and see if the system resets on reconnection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you check the handbook I think there is a way of resetting the windows. If you have a Powershift Auto and disconnect the battery, when reconnected, the car may go into limp home mode, with a 'transmission service required' warning. Be prepared to clear the fault codes or visit the 'stealers' or garage. Advice is don't disconnect battery unnecessarily.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
you can reprogramme them by running them right down then up again and then continuing to hold the button up for a few seconds when they have shut.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the help and replies to my window problem, it seems to be working now, without any fault finding from me, so perhaps it was the cold weather after all. On a separate note, having read the articles re. Rusting pipes to the turbo, I have checked mine today, and can see no rust. The car is a 2014 Titanium, without the sun roof .

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Glad your windows are sorted and your pipes are ok, Fluff.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
178 Posts
Driver and passenger windows very sensitive to cold weather. They will freeze up at the drop of a hat. You can only wait till the weather warms up or do what I do and pour warm water over them, normally does the trick

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Willow said:
Driver and passenger windows very sensitive to cold weather. They will freeze up at the drop of a hat. You can only wait till the weather warms up or do what I do and pour warm water over them, normally does the trick
Ive found that the windows of many cars will freeze if its cold enough. I too pour warm water on them then quickly open and close them to dry them off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Front passenger door lock of my 07 Focus used to freeze up in cold weather. The door could be opened but not locked, so that it had to be tied shut if you were going out in a hurry. A blast of WD40 or de-icer into the lock mechanism was usually enough to sort the problem.

However, I never experienced frozen windows until we bought the B Max. Most odd.
Edited by: desthemoaner

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi cianpars

Where did you hear about this fix, as I have just posted a similar issue with the passanger side window?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Can't remember TBH Willow, probably another post on this forum oranother Ford owners forum.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok, thanks cianpars

Just tried them lunch time with no problem; very strange...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts