Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a B-Max on order. I've also got a Britax KidFix car seat with ISOFIT on order.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting one with the other? Are the ISOFIX points on the B-Max easily accessible? And is long term use of an ISOFIT car seat going to damage the material of the back seat? It looks like the two ISOFIT arms slide in between the base and the back of rear seats and I'm worried that the indentations this will leave will be a permanent addition to the rear seats.

Any thoughts, experiences or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We gave up with the isofix as we could not get a booster in the middle seat.
An ordinary car seat does allow it using the seat belts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. I've looked at the manual, but it's not entirely clear how the ISOFIX arms feed through to the ISOFIX anchor points behind the seat. A lot of manufacturers expose the anchor points, but not Ford. I guess I just need to wait and see. Not looking to use the middle seat as anything other than an armrest...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still waiting for my BMax to be delivered but I felt at the anchor points in the showroom model, and you access them by pushing your hand between seat cushion and back. The ISOFix Arms might leave an indent over time. Maybe the car comes with some form of guide to fit to them.This but it's eminently better than how the anchors were made available in my 2008 CMax. Which was an "engineer" in the workshop with a Stanley knife who cuts the seat material and puts in 2 plastic guides to give access to the mounts that are embedded in the seat back

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi,

We have actually used the Isofix and the seats used (not sure of make) connected fairly easliy with the anchor points. The sliding doors and no door pillar do give excellent access for fitting them, especially if you open the front door as well.

Long term it is possible some indents might appear, but on my car there was no seat squab in the way and the contact was right at the back under the back so that should help camouflage any lasting effects.

Geriatricus
Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
94 Posts
We got an Isofix compatible seat from Argos, (about £90) and had no problems, also useful is a little lining mat (Amazon) that goes under the whole seat profile, "L" shaped, keeps your seat fabric in good nick, free from chafing.
The top fixing belt then goes betwix the headrest stanchions, down the back, and hooks onto a bracket in the boot.

As Geriatricus rightly says, the sliding door makes access easy, especially if you tilt the front passenger's seat forward.

Edited by: john51

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my car, got the Isofit seat, got a Diono Ultra Mat to protect the rear seat, got a Diono Stuff and Scuff seat protector for the back of the front seat.

All-in-all very happy.

And to address my original question, the Isofix latches are very close to the surface in the gap between the rear seat and the rear seat back. Fitting the chair was easy and it doesn't look like any lasting indentation will be made.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. We just got our used B-max. I went to Mothecare to ask them to refit the seat we bought one month ago (Britax Romer) -we had to since the old seat was too small and, was told it does not fit the car :( they tried various other seats, none of which fitted. They said an ISOFix one might be the answer. I had to leave at that point as kids had had enough. Need to research now which one fits the B-Max (2013). What ones do you have and do you have any more advice for me? Thank you in advance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts