Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a radio ham and im going to install one of my radios soon, I want to be able to install my base unit in the rear of the vehicle, car is the Bmax ... Is there a 12v supply I could tap into, max current would be 15 - 20 amp max.. Ive heard that there is a 12v source in the rear but not sure where this is located.

can anyone enlighten me?

Is there one in the boot somewhere hidden, or does someone know where im likely to be able pick up a 12v source to fit my radio.. needs to be in the rear not the front ..

Hope someone can point me in the right direction..

James
from Weymouth

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is a thread about this somewhere in this board.

I was wanting to put 12v in my boot for a fridge and it appeared that the existing purchasable parts/wiring for a towing hook would be needed. This was because the wiring harness is controlled by computer and 'it' must 'know' what is happening. It is not like the old days where you could clip a couple of wires into the harness to pick up low power for say, trailer lights.

In amazon the is a cable for taking power off the battery and it show some kind of connector but not in detail. When I was looking in 2012, nothing was available.

I believe there is a plug-in 'pick-up' point in the boot somewhere and maybe a friendly towbar installer would help with it's location and what is needed for a diy connection although it may mean a re-program of the computer.

Of course, if the power requirement is within the capabilities of the power outlets inside the vehicle, you could use one of those as I do for my navigation traffic pickup.

Edited by: makem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts