Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your paint like this?

Just got a B-Max with this very pitted & uneven paint finish. The whole car's like it.

I'd rather assumed modern paints and computerized paint-shops would produce near perfect finishes.

We've a 2003 Ford Focus next to it in the car park with a perfectly smooth mirror finish.

I've three queries.
- Is this the paint standard to be expected in a modern Ford.
- If not, is it an economy paint-job to be expected in a Romanian B-Max.
- Or was mine knocked off close to Friday afternoon clocking-off time.

Thanks Geoff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer my own query. A quick look at the local forecourts seems to show paint finishes are now worse than a 12 year old Fiesta or my 12y Citroen. Perhaps environmental protection restricted solvent paints?

- My B-max looks a touch worse than others, but not enough to argue about.
- Metallic finishes seem a touch better than my non-metallic (might they have another paint layer?)
- some Fiestas/Mondeos achieve a better finish than the current batch of B-Maxs
- Hondas have a better paint finish than Fords
- VWs manage a better paint than Fords or Honda

But comparing finishes is subjective. I wonder if anyone has done a car comparison article on paintwork using a glossometer? (that's if 'gloss-meters' exists)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan, so it's mainly water-based, environmentally friendly, paints to blame.

If it's to save the planet; I'll put up with it. I chant that every time I stall my B-Max's 999cc eco engine on hill-starts (My foot will get used to it soon).

Nevertheless, a look at Ford's parking lot did seem to show that some production lines manage to achieve better finishes than others when slapping-on their emulsion paint, & the B-Max line is not one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts