Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bmax is a 64 plate, 1.6 Auto, Titanium X.Yes, I have had four visits to a Ford dealer to get the auto clutch/gearbox sorted.
There seems to have been design issues, common to all of this model and, therefore, I suggest that the impact on various aspects of performance would, short of another fault being present, most likely, be down to the driving style, by past or present owners.
My car juddered through all of the fixes, until the last. I only ever experienced the judder at one particular speed, approx 12-15mph, on anything above very gentle application of the accelerator.
My average mpg has never been below 41 mpg, more usually around 42-43mpg, more on a long run. Checking mpg by distance between actual fill ups against the figures displayed showed little or no variation.
Maybe I'm ultra cautious, maybe I'm lucky, maybe a bit of both, but now that my clutch works, I love the car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With regard to my mpg, I noticed something today which may be relevant.I confess that I drive on Cruise Control far more than most people. Could this be related to my fuel consumption.
I did some tests, today, on a flat quiet road, at consistent speeds of 40mph and 50mph, first by carefully pressing the accelerator, under manual control, then by fixing it on cruise control.
In each case the 'indicated' mpg was 30-40% better on cruise control. Is there a difference in how the management system controls fuel intake/mixture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this is just because human feet can't be as precise as a computer. I use cruise control everytime, it's a god's gift!
The only thing i don't like is that when you increase the set speed it accellerates too fast and it will for sure use more gas than a more fluid accelleration. If i'm using cruise control i don't need such rapidity to get in desidered speed, as the word say: i'm cruising not rushing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts