Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My 2015 1000cc Bmax Zetec developed a intermittent starting issue, when trying to turn over all the dashboard lights go out and the radio and sync screen goes blank and sometimes displays the message traction control off. I also hear a light clicking noise from behind the dash, the car is completely dead and nothing happens. If I leave it for a minute or so and open the drivers door and close it again the dash lights come back on and it will start But the radio doesn’t work it’s on and showing the stations or cd that may have been playing but there is no volume. This rectifies itself when I leave the car for a while and restart it. this happened again today but the radio now only displays the opening Ford Audio logo and is completely non responsive. I’ve checked all the fuses, battery and alternator and they are all working fine the battery is only three months old. Any ideas or simular problems out there ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
New battery three months ago. Are you sure that leads to terminals are tightly fitted and where it's earthed to the bodywork? Sounds like a dodgy battery connection or earthing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The terminals are ok didn't check the earth so will do that and see. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
453 Posts
does sound like a flat battery,
the car systems management turns things off to try and conserve some charge.

do you have anything draining the battery? - black box/ tracker, or camera?

also long ago there were reports of the standard radio discharging the battery in a couple of days under certain conditions.

also if the car has stop/stop (fitted to the 125ps models) the battery MUST be exactly the right spec.

why was the battery changed before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old battery died in February it was the original one from new it's a 2015 car. I bought a volt meter as I thought the same thing but it indicates the battery is in good health and the alternator is functioning as it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts