Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst recently having my B-max checked for battery drain after about 3 days without use, I had occasion to look under the dash on the drivers side and noticed that there was no cover above the pedals, all the underneath of the dash was open to the wiring etc. The passenger side had a cover. When I mentioned this to the Garage they said all the B-maxes were like that but they no longer had any models to check with. Fellow B-maxers, could one or more of you look under your dashes on the drivers side and check if your area under the dash and above the pedals has any cover. Mine looks decidedly bare and unfinished. Please help.

PS......They can't find why my B-max drains the battery and suggest I trickle charge it. This has been ongoing for 3 years now. My daughter and sister in law, one with a 3 year old mini and the other a 3 year old Nissan Juke have had no such problems.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Mine looks o.k. About the same amount of cover as the passenger side. Certainly no wiring showing. Probably the least of your worries anyway.

·
Registered
264 Posts
SierraGolf said:
Whilst recently having my B-max checked for battery drain after about 3 days without use, I had occasion to look under the dash on the drivers side and noticed that there was no cover above the pedals, all the underneath of the dash was open to the wiring etc. The passenger side had a cover. When I mentioned this to the Garage they said all the B-maxes were like that but they no longer had any models to check with. Fellow B-maxers, could one or more of you look under your dashes on the drivers side and check if your area under the dash and above the pedals has any cover. Mine looks decidedly bare and unfinished. Please help.

PS......They can't find why my B-max drains the battery and suggest I trickle charge it. This has been ongoing for 3 years now. My daughter and sister in law, one with a 3 year old mini and the other a 3 year old Nissan Juke have had no such problems.
Over a year ago, there was a software update to deal with a battery drain problem. Ask your dealer to check the Ford vehicle history to see if this has been applied to your car. If not insist upon it being done under warranty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi SG,

Just checked my B-Max, not so easy in the garage.

The drivers side cover stops short of the end of the bonnet opening handle. beyond that there is a perforated metal piece which is supporting some white fibre material (Insulation/sound deadening?). This extends to the bulkhead

Love Shrewsbury, stopped several times at The Lion over the years.

Geri

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks number6 and geri for your rapid responses, guess I'll have to live with what I feel is a tad unfinished cockpit .

SG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts