Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a phone call from Saga to say they can now quote for the B-MAX - £317 but don't insure learners.

I tried Churchill but the model is still not on their list, however they quoted for a 'similar' car at £400.

So, it seems we must wait until September.

However I was very pleased to see that the B-MAX is more than £100 less at Saga to insure than my Celica T Sport. My wife has had 3 driving lessons and to add her reduces the insurance by £25 according to Churchill who give discounts for married couples.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The B-MAX is not even on the Ford Insurance site yet! Everyone is saying phone back a few days before the end of the month. I wonder, is this the same for all new cars, or, is it because the B-MAX is so different?

I was wondering if when it finally gets rated, whether there will be discounts for the additional safety add-ons. In particular the Active City Stop. Also the hill start assistance which stops you rolling back. I expect there will be a small discount for the Thatcham alarm on those models which have it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford Insurance were able to quote for a B-MAX 1.0L 120PS Ecoboost Titanium by phone today.

They include my leaner driver wife who had been declined by some other insurers. The quotation was some £45 less than other quotes.

When asked if there was any reduction in the premium because the car has Active City Stop, I was told that after purchase, during the 7 day free insurance period, to phone them and ask for that to be taken into account in the premium. I suppose they need to check with the dealer exactly what safety you have as options.

The also offer an 'introductory' discount but of course you never really know for sure if you are getting it. Their cover also includes 31 days EU comprehensive.

I would be interested to know if any other company offer discount for added safety.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Thanks for that. The B-Max is now also on Admiral's website and I'll guess Sheilas Wheels and Elephant will list it too as I think they are the same company.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried Admiral and they were about double the Ford premium.

As a matter of interest Ford offer 15% discount if you have the driver assist pack (the vehicle parks for you), but no discount for Active City Stop. That seems strange and worth another query during teh 7 day free insurance period.

Edited by: makem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts