Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My brother went to insure his car on Friday. Originally he was just going to let the auto renewal kick in, and stay with the insurer he was with for the past year. However, what he found out was that it is cheaper for him to cancel his insurance with the company, and then reapply to the same company, over letting the auto renewal take place.

Most of us do shop around and bounce from insurance company to insurance company for the better deals / cover... I will not mention the insurance company in question here for obvious reasons..

....but I am only posting this here, because I found it interesting how insurance companies treat "NEW" customers, over existing customers, and if you leave your current company, you actually get a better deal when re-sighing up with the same company, over auto renewal with the same company....

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have had car insurance from Aviva over the last three years, and every year my insurance has gone down in price (loyalty bonus?) not a great saving but at least their quote has not increased.Used to be with one of the "Silver Surfer" insurance companies and they were, after the 1st year about £100
more expensive than my present insurer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I tried Aviva, but after unsuccessful attempts to contact them, I gave up - kept getting cut off each time they lifted the telephone receiver.
So, I've stayed with the same insurer that I've had for the last 10, or so years. No complaints with either service, or prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts