Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the insert that holds the compressor/tyre sealant, seems to be held in the middle but there is no obvious screw head. There is a rectangular disc in the middle recess.I want to replace it with a spare wheel. I asked the dealer and they said they did not know.....

Middle recess

·
Registered
94 Posts
RogerIs the round head on the left a black plastic material, or is it part of the rectangle?
I'm thinking it might be one of those plastic rivet type things with an insert with claws in a hole in the boot floor, then the spigot of the roundhead goes through, expanding the claws and holding fast, perhaps?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john51 said:
RogerIs the round head on the left a black plastic material, or is it part of the rectangle?
I'm thinking it might be one of those plastic rivet type things with an insert with claws in a hole in the boot floor, then the spigot of the roundhead goes through, expanding the claws and holding fast, perhaps?
Spot on John, I removed the whole rectangular disc by pulling up with a small pair of pincers and the insert was released, it is also worth pushing back the rear seat backs for easier access when removing the insert.

Edited by: rogerhume

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well done, Roger!I must admit to a bit of prior knowledge, that type of fastener is used in the electronics as well as the motor industry, and glad you had a pair of the old fashioned pincers, they are great for lots of jobs, not just pulling out nails.
You should be able to re-use the rivet ifnecessary.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest it was down to the pincers, luckily I had a small pair.The rivet is intact too
Pliers, mole grips or such would not have managed it.
I have spine damage and find it difficult to do any practical work so really chuffed to be able to do this simple task.
I normally have to pay someone to cock it up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts