Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. The information display screen has started to malfunction. The screen is ghosting and thin horizontal lines are appearing, some are red if that makes any difference. The radio stations still appear. I hope someone knows what I'm referring to and any help as to what the matter could be and if it is easy to fix would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
307 Posts
thin horizontal lines are appearing,

Sounds to me like the display is begining to lose pixels. If it is then i would assume that the only course of action will be to replace the display panel, which will be soldered to a board of some description.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Wiggy. Well, this morning the screen was completely black. Radio worked, but obviously no display. Is it possible it is just a fuse or lose wire? If it's replacing the display panel, I reckon that is an expensive job? Any idea how much I would expect to pay for that? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
512 Posts
you don't say which entertainment system you have,
but if I had that problem I would look at an online 'breakers' for a replacement second hand screen. probably one from various other ford models would also just work. (think fiesta or focus)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you don't say which entertainment system you have,
but if I had that problem I would look at an online 'breakers' for a replacement second hand screen. probably one from various other ford models would also just work. (think fiesta or focus)
Hi Gremlin - Thanks for the information. How would I identify the model/part number? I have the owner's manual in front of me but it just lists as "Information and Entertainment Display" with no other identification. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
is it the sony unit? does it have sat nav? what size is the screen?

else what model if bmax is it? zetek, titanium etc.

or post a pic of the broken screen

there are also ways of finding the spec from the vin, (or even from the number plate sometimes)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts