Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've owned a 13 plate Bmax for about a month now. Shortly after buying it, I noticed the indicators had stopped flashing when I locked the car. Does anyone know what may have caused this?

Note that I have checked all the outside doors are properly closed (the car won't lock at all if they are not) and that the bonnet in closed. The doors do actually lock, just the indicators don't flash. There are no warning lights on anywhere and when I unlock the car, the indicators do flash.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MrPOD. When it was working, the indicators used to flash once on a single lock, and then again on the double lock. Now they don't flash at all either on a single or a double lock.

·
Registered
242 Posts
you've probably already tried this but, have you had alook through the menu system on the dash. I am writing this without having confirmed, but I am sure there is a setting in the menu with reference to the indicators flashing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TheInstructor. I had a look this morning and there is an 'Indicators' option in the Vehicle settings menu. The two options are 'Flash three times' and 'Flash once', or something similar to that. I think these options control how many times the indicators flash after giving the control stalk a brief tap, and aren't related to locking the car, however.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I noticed on my 61 plate fiesta zetec that if I press the lock button once, the doors lock but the indicators do not flash. Press it again and the car double locks and the indicators flash. I guess the B Max is the same.
The option in your sync menu only relates to whether an indicator will flash once or 3 times if you push the indicator stalk down gently. Default is one flash but I changed mine to 3 which is handy when changing lanes on motorwasy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I didn't get it sorted, indicators neither flash on a single or double lock. Given the car is out of warranty I decided it wasn't worth spending money on.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't know if this will help you in your search for an answer, but. What happens if you leave your car doors open and lock the car? Or try leaving your windows down, lock the car, then open the doors from inside the car. This will allow you to see if when the alarm goes off, whether the indicators flash. I doubt this will do anything other than confirm whether or not they will flash when the alarm is set off, but you never know.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.