Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B Max and my Sony Experia Z1 is synced to it. I can receive and send text messages but when one comes in it does not show the senders name even although it is in my phone book. has anyone had the same problem and if so advice would be welcomed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, same over here, but with me, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Will get the latest Sync update in 2 weeks, will let you know if anything changes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this issue in my fiesta and after my phone (s4) had the kit kat up date it worked fine. Waiting to test it on the b max the misses uses the car more than me now lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If KitKat will be the solution also for the X1 , that would be great as I expect the update within a few weeks :) Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Experia J user. SYNC worked at first, but now won't retain contacts, despite getting Successful Download message. Given up trying. My wife has an iphone; perhaps SYNC can't handle both? Not tried to download her contact list

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OmeJoyo

Thanks for the info. If possible please let me know the update you get. My Ford dealer is not too good with Ford Sync and all its functions! Atso

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Experia Z! received the updated software yesterday (Kit Kat I think they call it!). I asked my wife to text me when I was in the B Max and hey presto the message arrived etc. and it informed me the sender's name!!
Is it a coincidence or not? Atso

·
Registered
251 Posts
No coincidence.

KitKat the latest up date to the android operating system has the messaging protocol software required to send and receive text messages through a system like SYNC.

Android operating systems prior to this will not work correctly. Anyone wanting the text service on the SYNC to work will require a mobile with KitKat 4.4.2. on Android or equivalent with the Messaging Protocol softwareon other operating systems.Hope this helps !
Edited by: Specialk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sync should improve significantly soon, as the OS is going over to Blackberry's outstandingQNX (and updates will be backwards compatible).
More info here (and oodles on Googles): http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246597/Why_Ford_is_dumping_Microsoft_for_Blackberry_s_QNX_OS

Basically it's why I didn't bother getting Sync with the present B-Max (my Blackberry Z10 phone - QNX - is farbetter than Ford Sync for everything but built in comms with Ford, and I may not want that anyway).

I'm rather hopeful that theQNX improvementof Sync will mean my phone will bridge with it in my next B Max, at least as well as my Z10 presently does with my Blackberry PlayBook.

It really is very good news for Ford customers, as QNX is basically the only secure mobile OS that's available (why Obama said, when asked why he didn't have an iPhone "My security people tell me I have to use a Blackberry" and they weren't wrong).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,Sorry if this is in the incorrect place. I could'nt see where to post a new post!

New B Max Titanium (reg '14)
I have a (windows) Nokia Lumia 520 phone sync'd via blue tooth. I have the text alert disabled on both car and phone but still I get a "incoming call" from my phone 'Rose' clocking up the minutes every time I receive a text message on the car display
In some instances I can not disconnect the "call". I have to physically take the battery out of the phone or switch the car engine off and walk away. My last phone bill was three times the amount before I realised what was happening.

I've updated my phone to the new version as of today. I've tested it several times and the text still connects but disconnects after 2 seconds. The phone and car settings "text alerts - off"

Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there a work around?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Rose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts