Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hoping some one can point me in the right direction to resolve this please.
While checking fuses/relays for a faulty front screen demister (not solved) I went to start the car and a message (immobiliser Malfunction and warning sounded, and the engine will not start.

All I have done is pulled and replaced fuses of which there were no blown fuses, and no heat marks on any of the relay terminals.
Open to all suggestions please.
TIA Gregg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A key start.
The key locks and unlocks the central locking with no problem.

Had the AA out today who says that the immobiliser is no longer recognising the key.
Tried several tests and says needs to have the immobilser/key re programmed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Had the AA out today who says that the immobiliser is no longer recognising the key.
Tried several tests and says needs to have the immobilser/key re programmed.

Which is what was mentioned on the page i pointed you to, it said --
Immobilizer warning light on Ford B-max: Neiman or key issue:

We will have to start by checking, if the key is still operational. Indeed, in the event that it has undergone an impact, it is likely that the latter is deformed. Therefore, we can assume that it no longer manages to communicate with the vehicle thanks to the transponder for authentication. Or even just that she's discharged.
So do the verification using the second key of your vehicle, in case it works, then you may have identified the source of your dysfunction. If you don't have the second key, try replace yourself the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your input, it was appreciated.
The problem was user error, I had replaced one of the fuses in the incorrect position.
All works fine again.
Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.