Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 1989 aged 19, I saw a Jaguar XJC, two door, with all of it's windows down and having no B pillar I thought this was soooo cool and knew I had to have one (I still have it, and have become very good at welding, but that's for another forum!).

Fast forward ahem/cough years, the in-laws turn up in this 4 door Ford without any B pillar at all (if you ignore the one in the front of the rear door)....... Wow, I loved the design and wondered why would Ford go to so much trouble to design and build such a beautiful but obviously complicated thing?

Anyhoo, I have the car this month as they are in Spain and then it started to judder; I find myself here; and that's the story so far, phew

Edited by: handyman

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its all about accessibility, if you have kids and nee to fasten them into a child seat its much easier with no B pillar. It also makes it a LOT easier to get bulky objects onto the load dsck with the back seats folded down. Having just moved house the ability to fold the front seats flat AND not having a B pillar has enabled me to move things which would never fit into the tailgate

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
For me, the lack of B pillar and sliding doors were a minor selling point. However, they do make accesseasier and being able to carry items of 7 feet in length is a great bonus.
However, my main reasons for buying a B Max were, 125 BHP engine, Ford SYNC, higher driving position, autocruise, decent sized boot, Climate control, heated seats, etc. Also, Ford are the only maker to my knowledge who supply a heated front windscreen and that it quite important to me. I've also driven Fiesta's for the last 10 years and the experience has been 100% satisfaction. Furthermore, I've owned8 Ford's over my 40 years of driving and I'm yet to find a better gearbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts