Ford B-Max Forum banner

How much to keep Bmax running

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TheInstructor 
#1 ·
Hi AllI wish I'd been aware of this forum sooner - I think I've bought a pup.

My dealer has gladly "fixed" both rear windows which wouldn't stop popping up and down (on separate occasions) at £120 a time, the MPG is terrible and now a rear spring has gone - didn't worry too much when the AA man said he would have changed them in 10mins if he'd have been able to source them but late Friday night is not ideal. So was further dismayedwhen charged for 2 hrs labour @ £85 ph - other evidence on internet suggests 10 mins to release the bolts, change the springs and tighten up is about right - any thoughts before I go back to the dealer. Oh yes and whilst in fixing the spring a recommendation of £560 for new clutch, £120 for brake pads (50k miles) make this car more expensive to run in 2 years than all my previous cars put together.

Is it BMax in general, bad luck of the draw or am I being played by thedealership (sadly signed up to a 3yr service deal!!)

#2 ·
Hi and welcome,

Extremely salient facts are the questions of when you bought this car, and who from?

These are important as a dealer has significant responsibilities for fixing the car in the first few months after purchase (assuming second-hand). A private sale is a different kettle of fish.
All of these problems appear to be new to me on the B-Max, although broken Front springs affect a number of manufacturers including Ford, due to manufacturing techniques at one of the spring producers. However, why do both of them; as my daughter has just had the broken one replaced on her Focus?
My personal take, is that you should be looking at contacting Citizens Advice to get some legal viewpoint on your purchase.

Best of Luck,

Geri

P.S. It will also help the technical posters on here, if you give the model/engine/transmission at tthe foot of your posts

Edited by: Geriatricus

#3 ·
I had the same problem with the rear windows; they just wouldn't stay closed as the bounce back feature opened the window every time. I couldn't reset it either as per manual.So, to deactivate the memory, I disconnected the battery neg lug then reconnected it. I then reset the windows as per the manual and all's been fine since. All took 5 mins to fix.
Therefore, I'd have to charge you 10 quid labour and 110 quid for knowing how to do it.
As for charging £120 for brake pads; if they are charging £80 per hour I suppose it's to be expected.
Looks like the dealership knows it has you by the short and whatsits.
Someone has to pay for their nice shiny showroom and sales people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.