Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spec for the 1.0 125 ps B Max says it will do 117 mph. Allowing for the fact that in my experience, speedometers under-read by around 10%, that should give you a clock reading of over 125.
I've seen a few videos of the fiesta and focus achieving 220 kph with that engine along with a formula ford which was also fitted with the ecoboost 1.0.

So how fast have you driven your B Max and how did it feel? Since these kind of speeds are not legal in the UK, we shall assume that you achieved these on the Autobahn or at a private track

Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
264 Posts
cianpars said:
Spec for the 1.0 125 ps B Max says it will do 117 mph. Allowing for the fact that in my experience, speedometers under-read by around 10%, that should give you a clock reading of over 125.
I've seen a few videos of the fiesta and focus achieving 220 kph with that engine along with a formula ford which was also fitted with the ecoboost 1.0.

So how fast have you driven your B Max and how did it feel? Since these kind of speeds are not legal in the UK, we shall assume that you achieved these on the Autobahn or at a private track
To quote Capt Mainwaring, "Stupid Boy" !

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much too old to be a boy racer I'm afraid mateand whilst I have no intention of driving at 125 mph, I'm sure others might.
Apart from how the engine feels and sounds, I've always found that bigger cars tend to cruise nicely at high speeds, whereas in smaller cars you need to hang on a bit more tightly.

Whilst my Fiesta feels great driving fast on the motorway, it doesn't seem to feel quite as secure as my previous Mondeo's at similar speeds.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fastest I have been on the German Autobahns in my 1.6 tdi was around 90 mph. It seemed pretty stable at that speed and wasn't working too hard. In general I cruised very comfortably at about 80 mph. Of course at those speeds fuel economy takes a pretty big hit and I imagine its worse in the case of the petrol engined variant.

For the diesel I expect the following
60 mph - around 60 mpg
70 mph - around 54 mpg
80 mph - 48 mpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I normally cruise at 80 but allowing for8 mph speedo error+2 that's just OK not to copa speeding ticket. Sometimes I like to open it up a bit though, just for a short time.
Looking forward to my first car with cruise control, so i'll set it at 80

·
Registered
161 Posts
My last 3 cars all had cruise and for the most on UK busy roads I've found it pretty much useless.On the occasion I have used it, I had to keepswitching it on and off so often that it became more of a nuisance.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I use mine a lot. Great on a long run,even useful when on a long 30mph stretch to stop my speed creeping up towards 40mph which is so easy to do on some roads.
Also when going through miles of reduced speed motorway road works. I keep my thumb next to the CANCEL/RESUME switch and drive along using this to decrease/increase speed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My B-Max is only 100 PS, but it is fast enough for me. Fastest that I tried was 180 km/h by speedometer which complies to official number of 175 km/h (it was only for few seconds and I didn't try to squeeze the last drop of power from the engine
). Normally I don't drive that fast, usually about 110 - 130 km/h, depending on traffic and road conditions. Last weekend I travelled from Zagreb to Belgrade and back, and this is the very boring road, totally flat, no curves, no hills, nothing, using cruise control set on 130 where possible. Average consumption was about 7l/100 km at that speed. On the plus side, engine is always comfortably quiet, even on the 150+ kmh, and car feels stable regardless of speed, unless there is some significant cross wind, which I guess is normal for such small and toll car like B-Max (still much better than my previous Berlingo). On the minus side, acceleration could be better, not a big problem on the highway, but in the city I often notice other cars are faster on the trafic light, without even trying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts