Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My parents just traded their '05 Focus C-Max 1.6 in for a 2013 B-Max 1.0T 125HP with ~100k km on the counter, how badly did they mess up by buying a B-Max? Anything I should look out for aside from the infamous degas hose? Any fun things I can enable with ForScan/FoCCCus?

·
Registered
712 Posts
No reason to think they've messed up !
Great engine. You obviously know about the Degas hose. No other issues any worse than any other car. Check everything works as it should while it is in warranty. Hope they enjoy their new car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No reason to think they've messed up !
Great engine. You obviously know about the Degas hose. No other issues any worse than any other car. Check everything works as it should while it is in warranty. Hope they enjoy their new car.
I haven't driven it yet since it still needs to be delivered, will be pretty interesting coming from a C-Max I basically grew up with and learnt to drive in!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Pretty sure the degas hose would have been replaced. The only real problems with the BMax relate to the auto box, which wasn't ever available with the ecoboost engines.

Otherwise the B Max is a great car. I've had 28,000 trouble free miles in 3 years so far except for having to change a tail lamp bulb a few weeks back and more recently changed the batteries in the keys. Luckily I had a spare tail lamp bulb and also some spare key batteries as they are the same as yhe ones i bought for my bathroom scales.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C-Max got traded in for the B-Max. Wow, what a quirky car. Ridiculously long gears compared to the Focus (ergo, lots of shifting), the EcoBoost pulls like a freight train compared to the Duratec 1600, pretty good handling for a Fiesta-based MPV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts