Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own or has heard of any Ecoboost Bmax's which have covered say 70k-100k miles. Interested to hear how they have fared for such a relatively small engine?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
All I have noted on high mileage direct injection engines is a tendency for the back of the inlet valves to coke up. The engines have been shown to be good forr 150k in torture tests.

A concern might be whether a turbocharger might fail at high mileages, but again, I've heard of relatively few issues.

In the main, I don't think that the majority of B Maxers do a huge mileage, but i do read the focus and fiesta forums and satisfaction levels with this engine seem very high.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think the oldest BMax's are about 5 years old now? Some of them could have done 50-60K I suppose?I follow the Daily Telegraph Motoring Correspondent Honest John whom I find informative. He has been receiving a few letters recently about the Focus and C-Max fitted with the Ecoboost engine. There has been early failures of clutches and DMF's, however no mention of any B Max's with problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.