Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Well I have come to be a B max owner as I have had to upgrade my car to accomodate my future dog that I hope to be getting in the summer.
I am formerly a very happy Fiat 500 owner, and I just collected the B max on Saturday. Today was my first real day of driving to the shops, and work etc.

My car is just 1 year old and being a titanium is already stacked with lots of lovely extras, but sadly all though the car is lovely I really am underwhelmed by it.. I found the difference in size quite a challenge when parking, and mourn to be back in my 500. BUT as someone said today to me, I will probably grow to love the b max, and when I eventually get my dog it will all seem very worth it.

Anyway.. thats where I am at the moment.. but hope to sound more cheerful soon.

Claire

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome and I hope you grow to love it. I've only had mine just over a week and I'm still getting used to it although changing for a C Max to a B Max is easier for me than it is for you.

Can't wait to take it to Cornwall next week for my first "proper" drive in it

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dagdave, are you taking the ferry to Cornwall ? Claire, did you test drive the B Max before committing yourself to buying it ? Any way I am sure you will get used to the dimensions in time. If you are driving alone, collapse the front passenger seat, that will give you unrestricted rear view, and if you have not already got rear parking sensors get them fitted; this will simplify parking and make life much easier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cheers John, I was only down there last weekend when the weather was seriously wicked. We have a housedown there and I was keptawake half of Sunday night listening to the wind, I've never known it so bad.

I was intending to come back by train on the Monday but that was when Dawlish begun to have it's problems so I had to use my trusty Connect van to get back to Dagenham.

Now my van is in Dagenham when it's meant to be in Cornwall. Oh well, can't really complain when you consider what some people are going through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I did test drive the car, but like most test drives, it didn't include much manouvering into spaces etc. On the straight and narrow the car is amazing. But for me going to 17" from 15" tyres as well as a large body has just been a step to far.. (I am also a dinky person at 4'11, don't know if thats a valid reason to reject a car lol, but my fiat 500 feels like its made for me)
I did get rear scensors fitted as I have become accustomed to them now.

I feel very embarrased to say, but I have gone back to my 500, removed the rear seats, and we (thats the royal we as I have minimal imput) are in the process of laying a floor, and creating anchor points and a bulk head for the dog cage. Insurers have been notified. Fortunately all is not lost with the B max though, as my partner has decided to take it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts