Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow B-Max owners. Have to admit, I'm not yet an owner.

My wife and I have been looking for a 1.6 B-Max Powershift in Titanium X Navigator spec. As is often the way, we've found one a Titanium model (no satnav, heated seats or pan roof). Not bothered about the pan roof or heated seats, but does anyone on here know whether the ford type of satnav can be retrofitted?

Also I've read that the later Powershift models may have fewer gearbox problems. The one we're looking at is a 2016. Is this gearbox likely to be more reliable than the early '12/13 cars please?

Many thanks in advance.

Mac

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome Mac. I have the satnav in my bmax and if I had to buy and pay extra for it (long story but I didn't pay extra). Knowing what I know now and for how much I use it and considering the rigmarole and infrequently updated maps. I wouldnt bother getting a bmax with the satnav in. It cannot be retrospectively fitted either, to answer your question.
Is the factory fitted satnav a deal BUSTER?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Get a garmin or tomtom with a decent mount and have it hard wired. Much better and cheaper than the Ford built in offering I have. Halfords charge £30 to hardwire including the kit, so whilst I could diy, I may as well let them do it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No experience of the Ford satnav - although the reviews I've read aren't great, but having never had them before I must say we do appreciate having the heated seats (Titanium X 1.6Tdci). The fixed panoramic roof is a nice feature, but more appreciated by any rear seat passengers, rather from the front. We use the GPS on our phones in a cradle.
Manual box so can't help re the powershift. Very pleased with the (remapped) 1.6 diesel.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use a Garmin satnav when necessary, it works fine for me.
The gearbox problems have been largely sorted out now, but if buying from a Ford dealer you'll get a 12 month warranty anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to all fellow members for you warm welcomes and of course for your extremely helpful advice.
Thank you TheInstructor for confining retrofit is not an option. Having heard all comments, this confirms my own suspicions having seen the Ford Nav screen quality that their Nav isn't the best around so probably isn't a showstopper after all.
So I've decided to go the Garmin route.

Kind regards,
Mac

·
Registered
311 Posts
A lot of the built in sat-navs are as good as a chocolate tea pot.
The one in my Lexus is very difficult to use, so I bought a decent Garmin to use instead. Although saying that,
the Garmin isn't very good on it's route selection sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tom Tom still (for over 5 years) regularly sends delivery drivers etc along a 1.5m private, unmade track, past the farmer’s house and through his property. My 2009 Garmin (sold last year with van) was fine. Rely on my smartphone nowadays

1 - 9 of 9 Posts