Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI, Could do with some advice here. Always had a Ford, loved them.
Just traded in Focus estate 1.8 diesel, for a Bmax auto, June 2016, 2700 miles, ex mobility. Got it home and discovered that the bumper clip loose, further investigation showed that the other wing resprayed, masking tape still attached, bonnet not aligned. masking tape balls on shelf under bonnet, crease in the bumper. Contacted garage, they will fix it no problem (they did not know). The sales man then off sick, 6 days later he arranges for me to go in following week for repair. Just getting use to it , it seemed lovely nippy car, then got judder on day 8 on the gear box. took it straight back, they agreed and offered me a swap.
Now on day 13 and they showed me a B-max 1.0 Ecoboost 140bhp white edition. 2016 13k miles. I was supposed to ring this morning but I have just been reading about the engine problems that the Ecoboost has.

Any advice would be welcome, as I don't know what to do next

Thank you
Maria

·
Registered
453 Posts
there are 2 major versions of the ecoboost engines, 4 cylinder and 3
the 3 cylinder ones did have a problem with a coolant pipe, (but not on the bmax), the 140bhp engine is also new enough that the problems have been resolved too

go for it ;-)

oh, and Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gremlin for your positive response.
I did reply before I went to the garage, but I cannot see it, so must have done something wrong !!

It's been a steep learning curve, not that I understand what I have read but I know about the degas hose which split and the sealed pipes into the turbo which rust resulting in loss of coolant
I have been to the garage and asked to look under the bonnet.
Odd looks when a granny looks under a bonnet!!
The degas hose has EPDM printed on which, I read was right and the turbo pipes don't look rusty.

I can do no more, I will test drive it tomorrow if it does not snow.

Thanks again, hope this reply arrives this time.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hi, I've had myB Max for 2 years now and covered over 20k miles. The engine is by far the best I have had in over 40 years of driving. Fast when I need to be fast but gentle most of the time has given me 46 mpg overall, so economical too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Shame about the Auto. With the latest clutch they are fine.
If it had been in an accident though, you never know what else you may have found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove the car today, it was good, it is a nice drive, just waiting for the manager to sort.
Hope it does not take to long I miss being able to get out.
I was worried about the damage so glad to be able to exchange it. I did like the auto but again don't want the worry
I will be happy with that mpg.

Appreciate your help
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts