Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get delivery of a Titanium 1.6 tdciin January. It wasn't going to be my first choice of car, I'm downsizing from a C Max, and had discounted the B Max until we tried it out last week.A deceptive amount of room, and the larger of the two diesels is pokey enough for me!
Having trouble getting an insurance renewal quote though, not many companies geared up for that yet
(Northern Ireland car insurance is slightly different)
I won't be getting a quote from our friend on the other thread, he used a very alarming statement:
"Excellent accident management company"

Nobody knows how good or bad these companies are unless you are unlucky enough to need them, then you can stand by for months of misery whilst they argue the toss about hire cars, usually supplied at rip off prices, which keepskeeps up the price of cover for us all! Only my opinion, of course, butI dospeak from a very bad experience....

John.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Have you tried Fords for a quote? The do have the full B-MAX details.

I was wondering why you didn't go for the 1.0L 120 PS engine? I have only every driven one diesel (which I didn't own) and although I am told they are much better now, I thought they were really only economical if you did a lot of miles.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Makem, mate.

I had a quote from Fords for the C Max I have now, over £100 dearer than the NFU, and on renewal Iundercut the NFU quotewith Allianz by £80, so I'm not likely to bother with Ford.
I don't do petrol is the simple answer to your engine question. I have owned about 6 dieselsin a row now, and even that new engine would not convince me to change, I just prefer the low down torque and flexibility of a diesel, but I do recognise the 1.0L as a great engine, it's just not for me.

John.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ur welcome.

I suggested Ford because they do have the full car info.

I will try the two you suggest but 5 other companies quoted me more than Fords, one by only £5.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
john51 said:
I'm hoping to get delivery of a Titanium 1.6 tdciin January. It wasn't going to be my first choice of car, I'm downsizing from a C Max, and had discounted the B Max until we tried it out last week.A deceptive amount of room, and the larger of the two diesels is pokey enough for me!
Having trouble getting an insurance renewal quote though, not many companies geared up for that yet
(Northern Ireland car insurance is slightly different)
I won't be getting a quote from our friend on the other thread, he used a very alarming statement:
"Excellent accident management company"

Nobody knows how good or bad these companies are unless you are unlucky enough to need them, then you can stand by for months of misery whilst they argue the toss about hire cars, usually supplied at rip off prices, which keepskeeps up the price of cover for us all! Only my opinion, of course, butI dospeak from a very bad experience....

John.

Hi and welcome to the site

I've had a mixture of diesels and petrols over the last few years, one diesel was very much like a tractor, my current one though is superb - more economical, cheap tax and more powerful than theequivalentpetrol. However - it was more expensive to buy so you do need to work out mileage costs - an extra £1500 on the price tag can buy you an awful lot of petrol and would probably cover the difference for 3 years if you don't do many miles.

I completely agree about accident management companies - always use a trusted local solicitor, it is your right to go down that route and you don't need to use your insurance companies.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Collected it yesterday, late afternoon! It does look a great car, and the paint finish (red) given that it's non-metallic/perlescent is exceptional, I saw a brand new BMW the other day, finish was like an "Outspan"!!

I was pleasantly surprised with the electric retractable mirrors, and very small moans are:

Gear shift a bit loose compared to C Max.

I'm not an Audio buff, and therefore I would have liked the info screen, MPG, etc incorporated in the Audio/AC display rather than the tiny thing in the middle of the dash..

No engine tempgauge(I like to see what's going on)

Other than that, Great!

John.

Insurance (inc legal costs cover) £301. Allianz a bit dearer in N.I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts