Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1.0 Ecoboost this morning. Having been on the C-Max forum for the last 3 years, I know how useful these forums are, so, hello to all, I'm looking forwards to visiting regularly and finding out, and hopefully contributing to, the forum and the B-Max!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, welcome, not much on the technical side yet but no doubt as time goes on we will find out a bit more.
I did lift the bonnet the other day and had a look around, I found the oil filter and the turbo, plus otherunidentifiedthings. I am ashamed to admit this, I have been spannering engines etc for over 50 years but thesenew fangled modern things have me beat.

I have bought a code reader though, I would try it but Ford have hidden the OBD socket!

Geoff

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
hallii said:
Yes, welcome, not much on the technical side yet but no doubt as time goes on we will find out a bit more.
I did lift the bonnet the other day and had a look around, I found the oil filter and the turbo, plus otherunidentifiedthings. I am ashamed to admit this, I have been spannering engines etc for over 50 years but thesenew fangled modern things have me beat.

I have bought a code reader though, I would try it but Ford have hidden the OBD socket!

Geoff

The OBDII socket is behind the small drop down cover just to the the right of where your right knee would be. The socket is placed high up and angled down. I use the Bluetooth reader available cheaply at many places and is very small, the drop down cover very nearly closes with it in place. (I may make some adjustments in there to accommodate it permanently). For a visualising, I use an Android app called Torque on my smart phone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagnostic-Tool-For-Android-Mini-V1-5-ELM327-OBD2-Bluetooth-Auto-Car-Scanner-New-/251566059403?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3a92816f8b

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that makem, that was going to be my first question, (about the OBD2 port), I have an app on my windows phone called Car Dash and a small bluetooth plug-in unit I got on ebay, going to give it a go later to see what I can see! Think I had the Torque app on my previous phone which was a Nokia.Now to find out about the DAB radio and why it has no stations !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts