Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, so hi! Took delivery of my 1.00 Ecoboost 100hp and delighted with it. Loads of stuff to browse through on this site. Interesting how many of you have had problems with automatics, glad I went for a manual.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Willow and welcome. If you have read my earlier posts you will see that i also have the 1ltr 100 ps zetec which i have found to offer all the grunt that i need and it is far better than both the 1.4 and 1.25 mk. 7 fiestas that i owned previously. Purchased new in January 2015 , had a few problems earlier on, all rectified by the dealer (eventually) now would hate to be without it. Good choice by yourself, hope it gives you good service.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi 'redfive'
Thanks for your reply.

I purchased mineused -2014 plate - one owner 22000 miles. Had no problems, hopefully if anything was amiss it would have been picked up by the previous owner and rectified.

I have read online abouta 'degas pipe' that was causing the engine to overheat. I am assuming this was a problem with earlier models and has been sorted on subsequent releases.

Very impressed with the performance. So much more responsive than my 2002 Focus 1.6 hatchback which had 165000 miles on the clock. It was getting tired but I have to say all those miles were trouble free. Sad to see her go really. Hopefully this one will be as reliable. A big ask I wonder for a 3 cylinder 1.0 ltr engine; but you knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts