Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my B-Max for more than a year now BUT

I have glaucoma and DVLA has revoked my licence, I didn't pass the field test (but that is a tale to come back to another time).
My problem at the moment (apart from above)
The car has not been driven since it's first service in March and is now looking like Miss Haversham, very sad indeed.
I have asked my daughter to arrange insurance for her to drive it but when I try to open the car none of the 'keys' work.
There is a skeleton key inside the fob but how do you use it? There is no fob to attach it to!
The manual is inside the car, as indeed the gate key, so I am stuck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take the key out of the remote fob, but note where the T shaped part of the key fits into the remote.place the key in the lock and use the remote (the part where the T was originally nicely laid out when you opened the remote)
To turn the key gently.
Bern.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for helping me.
It did set of the piercing alarm but thankfully the car battery still had life in it and able to start the car. xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe that the cars key radio shuts down after none use for 2 months to save battry life. Im sure i read this in the manual. Glad u got it sorted

·
Registered
24 Posts
No the car its self turns its radio signal to save battery power hence why you had to use the key not just push the button

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think if you hold the remote fob against (where the ignition key would go)
You can use the button to start the car vaguely remember the salesman mentioning this.

Possibly something to do with flat battery in the key fob, nothing to do with original post but just thought of it.

Bern.Edited by: Bern

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scrub that NBlue - once the car had been started the key fob worked, yay!!!!!
Just need to go to war with DVLA now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it will do as the car has now turned the radio key back on and it will continue to work unless the car is stood still for a month or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully I will have more luck with the DVLA before then, otherwise I will have to get to say goodbye to my lovely black B-Max 1.6 Titanium Auto with 3620 miles on the clock.
For anyone interested I missed 9/112 points on the Estermann Binocular test.
Edited by: Primrose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts