Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obtained the following information from a post on this forum and made a note of it. However I didn't note the thread or the author. Can anyone help?

snip>

Ok then. There is no schematic diagram in the instructions but, working it out I can see the solution.
You need the twin wire cable "C" from the towbar wiring kit. This runs from front to rear, inside the car and has a thick red and a thin, yellow/brown. It costs about £15.00.
At the top of the drivers kick panel and adjacent to the throttle pedal are a pair of wires in an orange connector; a thick, brown/yellow, and a thin, brown/blue. The cable, "C" connects to this an runs under the door frame lower trims/carpet. Insert a 20 amp fuse in fuse position F20 and there you are. 12v in the rear!!

Makem, the fuse is in the panel behind the grove box. Cable "C" has an identical connector on each end, sort of [l--] shape looking from the end. It ends at about the rear wheel box. This plugs into and powers cable "A", which has the 13 pin socket on it. Cable "B" connects to cable "A" and breaks into the cars original harness. It's just plugs and socket science!! So there are three cables in all. I suppose a short fly lead from cable "C" to your device will do it. When you see it you will recgnise that it is a very common connector and you may be able to source the parts from RS components or Maplins.

snip>

I was thinking of putting a powered cool-box in the boot at the time.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
418 Posts
Try MickyBMax. If you enter the word schematic in the search box top right, it will take you directly to the thread you are looking for....

·
Registered
418 Posts
No problem Makem; it is usually you who puts me on the correct track !!

I have a mini fridge which I connect directly to the 12 volt supply. It is useful in the Summer when I travel abroad, and can be transferred to my hotel room and mains connection when needed. Although small, it does take up a lot of boot space and reduces the quantity of wine I can bring home with me.

It does keep water bottles nicely cooled though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JOHNWALES said:
No problem Makem; it is usually you who puts me on the correct track !!

I have a mini fridge which I connect directly to the 12 volt supply. It is useful in the Summer when I travel abroad, and can be transferred to my hotel room and mains connection when needed. Although small, it does take up a lot of boot space and reduces the quantity of wine I can bring home with me.

It does keep water bottles nicely cooled though.

I have a mini fridge which I connect directly to the 12 volt supply!!!

How, where?

EDIT: Ah! from the power outlets in the cab. Hmm I could use the rear one I suppose, why did I think of the hard way

I use mine to power the traffic receiver for my satnav at the moment but I could share it.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
418 Posts
To be honest, I last used it in my Hyundai ix20 which had a 12 volt outlet in the boot, but it would be easy enough to route the cable into the cab. I always travel with two Sat Navs, to cover me against system failure, and doubtful routes; one of these being connected to the USB port in the car. ( May be called something else )

The Hyundai had a permanently live outlet in the boot,so I had to be really careful to switch the fridge off when I parked the car, as it guzzled power. Although the B Max is not live, I would definitely turn the fridge off manually because of the delay in the electrics going dead, and the forum history of battery problems related to ISG.

I think I bought my fridge from Argos and it was under £50.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure the socket between the seats is not live?

I feel sure it is as when I plug in my satnav it's light comes on and I have done this whist the wife is preparing herself to drive which usually takes a while before she turns on the engine. Could be wrong I suppose but I will certainly check tomorrow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On B MAX 12volt sockets are live with ignition off they are not aux sockets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts